Chris White and Derek Sherrod continue to impress everyone in each of their respective positions. Its nice seeing our guys get the recognition that they deserve each week.
Chris White was named SEC defensive player of the week much to the dismay of giant dolphin lover Channing Crowder . Derek Sherrod got an SEC player of the week nod for the third time this year. Sherrod is a beast and an obvious first round draft pick in 2011.
I think its becoming pretty clear that both of these guys are more than capable of playing on Sunday. That would be really cool to see...for everyone except Mr. Crowder anyway.
Chris White was named SEC defensive player of the week.
• White posted a career-high 15 tackles with one tackle for loss and one interception in Mississippi State's 24-17 win over Kentucky.
• He led a Bulldog defense that allowed only 89 rushing yards on 43 attempts (2.1 average).
• State's defense held UK to less than half its average points per game and nearly 100 yards below its per-game average.
• White’s 15 tackle total against the Wildcats is the third highest for an SEC player in a game this season.
• White currently ranks third in the conference in tackles, third in tackles for loss and tied for fifth in sacks
Derek Sherrod was named SEC offensive lineman of the week.
• Sherrod paved the way for the Mississippi State offense to rush for 214 yards and average 5.5 yards per carry in the Bulldogs' 24-17 win over Kentucky.
• Finished with a 91 percent blocking grade, the seventh time he's eclipsed the 90 percent mark this season, and five knockdown blocks
• State has rushed for over 200 yards in five straight games, and have passed the century mark in every game this year (and 20 of 21 dating back to last season)
• With two rushing touchdowns on Saturday, the Bulldog offense has scored at least one rushing touchdown in all nine games, and in 19 of 21 games dating back to the beginning of last season.