All of your News and Notes from around Bulldog country, including Tyler Bray's thoughts, explanation for those player beaver tails, Derek Dooley off the sidelines for UT Saturday, and much more.
Sorry for a bit of a delay last night folks. I, after several attempts, finally got to see Looper, so I got in a bit late and and had to finish up News and Notes this morning. Have you guys and girls seen it yet? I thought it was a pretty good movie. Here are your News and Notes for this Wednesday:
- Some highlights from Wes Rucker's (Vols 24/7) chat with QB Tyler Bray:
Tyler Bray on MissState: "They're a great defense ... but we don't care if we're playing Ed Reed or those guys, we're gonna go after 'em."— Wes Rucker (@wesrucker247) October 9, 2012
Vols QB Tyler Bray on 9 p.m. EDT kickoff vs. MissState: "We'll play at 6 a.m. in a Wal-Mart parking lot. We don't care."— Wes Rucker (@wesrucker247) October 9, 2012
Vols QB Tyler Bray on one benefit of 9 p.m. EDT game at MissState: "It just means I get more nap-time ... which is great."— Wes Rucker (@wesrucker247) October 9, 2012
- Ever wondered why Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson seems to have a boat paddle or beaver tail hanging from him helmet where dredlocks would normally be? Wes Rucker explains:
- Here's a funny story on a UT player's mom owning a cowbell.... say what?
- Bob chats with cornerbacks coach Melvin Smith.
- Last night our own QB Tyler Russell went on Yahoo! Sports Radio to chat about the 2012 season with David Nuno.
- So apparently Derek Dooley has been suppressing the injury report on himself lately. Dooley yesterday underwent surgery on his hip to repair a fracture. Dooley will coach Saturday night's game at Davis Wade from the press box. People have gone back and forth on this, but to me, that's a disadvantage for Tennessee. We will see if it has any effect whatsoever on the game's outcome Saturday night.
- FUMBLR, on Manningface.
- Bill Connelly on which coaches' seats are heating up around college football.
That's it for today folks, hope you have a great Wednesday!