What a game! Tale of two halves, but MSU got it done with some big plays down the stretch and won a huge game. We'll have plenty more, but for now here are a few quick hits...
- Tyler Russell threw for a career high 291 yards.
- Chad Bumphis had some huge catches and another big game with 93 yards (comeback player of the year?)
- Perkins had 101 yards rushing and a touchdown. He is one of only four players in the country with a rushing TD in each game his team has played.
- MSU held Tennessee's powerful offense to three 3 and outs in the first half.
- C. Patterson was everywhere for UT, but somehow only had 57 yards receiving - his 98 yard kick return for a TD was a big play that really kept them in the game.
- Johnthan Banks forced fumble and fumble recovery late in the 4th quarter was HUGE. Big time play when State needed it from a big time player.
- Corey Broomfield had his first INT since the 2010 Egg Bowl. That gives him 10 for his career.
- Malcolm Johnson comes back but Marcus Green is the story with 6 catches, 71 yards and 2 TD.....until Dan Mullen goes for it on 4th & Goal, up 3 with :14 left and M. Johnson makes an amazing one handed grab in the back of the endzone to put the game away.