A few highlights from the game...
- The first half was quick, and a bit boring. State played well in the 1st quarter but hit cruise control a little too early and only went into the half with a 10-3 lead.
- But in the 3rd quarter State had their guns blazing and scored 3 touchdowns to take a 31-3 lead to the 4th quarter.
- Johnthan Banks got his 16th career INT in that 3rd quarter. Afterwards he appeared to have a serious injury, but was seen on the sidelines laughing with Fletcher Cox and Dan Mullen so hopefully everything is alright.
- Cam Lawrence had a sack and fumble recovery, then Tyler Russell nailed Robert Johnson for his 3rd touchdown pass of the night. Russell now has 15 TD passes for the year.
- LaDarius Perkins had a career long 64 yard touchdown run and 125 yards rushing on the night. He now has 725 yards this year. Can you say underrated?
- Chris Smith had a big night with 7 catches for 66 yards and two touchdowns.
- The defense was way too much for MTSU, especially in the 2nd half where tackles for loss and sacks were commonplace.
- The 4th quarter featured same PT for several guys including Dak Prescott getting the call and scoring a TD. Nick Griffin also had a nice 43 yard run and even Joe Morrow got back in the action with a couple of catches.
- 7-0 baby! Here we come Bama!