All of the News and Notes from around the world of Bulldog sports including full Middle Tennessee State recap, Alabama game week links, BCS standings, Top 25 rankings, and more!
- As always, make sure you check out our full game recap as well as our quick hits wrapping up Saturday's 45-3 Mississippi State win.
- You can also check out some great game recap material in Sunday ThingamaBob, from blog friend Bob Carskadon.
- There was a bit of scare in Saturday's game when Johnthan Banks picked off his 16th career interception, but was injured on the play. Banks appeared to be feeling fine when he chatted with reporters after the game, and yesterday tweeted this to all of those worried about him:
Got great news this morning from the doctor #HailState— Johnthan Banks (@JBANKS_13) October 21, 2012
- POLLS! State did some moving in them yesterday. In the one that really matters, State moved up to 11th in the BCS standings yesterday. The Bulldogs also moved up to 12th and 13th in the Coaches' and AP polls, respectively.
- The other important item of note projection wise yesterday was the latest edition of bowl projections; CBS [Cotton], ESPN - Schlabach [Outback] Edwards [Chick-Fil-A] Chris Low [Cotton], and SBNation [Gator].
- Hey, you might have missed this, but here's video of Johnthan Banks' key strip in last weekend's Tennessee game, courtesy of MSU video guru sfslickdawg:
- As always, here's your game drive chart, courtesy of Gameday Depot:
Animated Drive Chart brought to you by Gameday Depot.
- Following Saturday's game, coach Dan Mullen went on the weekly teleconference yesterday to discuss the lack of respect that State is getting, the big matchup with Alabama this week, and more.
- Even though College Gameday won't be heading to Tuscaloosa for Mississippi State - Alabama this upcoming weekend, looks like there will be a nice feature on CB Johnthan Banks on this week's show:
Driving to Starkville to do a @collegegameday feature on Mississippi State's Johnthan Banks. Incredible athlete & story.— Samantha Steele (@Samantha_Steele) October 21, 2012
- Missed this last week, but this is awesome. MSU grad leaves an $8 million Leflore County plantation to the university.
- So when the college football opening odds came out yesterday, I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect the line to be somewhere around two touchdowns or so. But what came out was waaay, higher as Alabama opened as a 24 point favorite over Mississippi State. Saying that seems a bit high is an understatement, and I wonder if the line won't be pushed down this week on betters taking the under.
- A good site to bookmark for the week is the Alabama SBNation site Roll Bama Roll. These guys do a great job covering Alabama athletics, and you can read their latest, a recap of the Tennessee demolishing.
That's it for today's News and Notes, folks. Hope you have a great Monday!
BONUS MONDAY SUCKS VIDEO:
Metallica - One (live) (via Jussi90)