As we move towards the home stretch of the college football season, things still stay pretty tight in our race to see who amongst the For Whom the Cowbell Tolls' staff can rise to the top of the SEC game picking mountain. Things are heating up, so let's take a look at where we stand today, who the guys are picking for this weekend, and who is #webelieve-in as State travels to Tuscaloosa to take on Alabama.
Robbie Faulk, aka WinstonCounty'sFinest, still stands atop the standings in the pick 'em challenge, but T Braden Bishop, fueled by what we believe is his wife picking for him, is making a serious run at Robbie's seat atop the throne. Just behind Braden is C.G. Mosley, who has had a really strong back half of the season picking games as well. C.G. is followed up by myself, then Justin and MBD in a dead heat in 5th, followed by JL, Rob, and the godfather The Bruce Dickinson bringing up the rear. Bruce is still working with a smaller amount of games to pick from as he started a few weeks in, so his ranking will fluctuate greater than the rest of ours, which could work to his advanatage if he does good this weekend. Speaking of this weekend, let's take a look at who everyone is taking on the 9th SEC Saturday.
- In the Tennessee vs. South Carolina matchup there is ZERO disparity, as all of us are taking the Old Ball Coach to come out victorious.
- In Kentucky vs. Missouri, there are actually a few UK believers in Justin and JL. Welp, Justin is on a roll following his demolishing of a Bama blogger last night on Unite, so maybe his hot streak continues.
- Ole Miss vs. Arkansas sees a bit of differential thinking as well as three guys are taking the Bears, but most of the group thinks Arkansas, who are winners of their last two, can win at home to move back to .500 at 4-4.
- The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party, which is one of two huge games in the SEC this weekend, has drawn a mostly Florida picking contingent, as everyone save MBD believes the Gators will remain hot this weekend and continue their undefeated start.
- Texas A&M at Auburn, which could have been a seemingly fun game at the beginning of the season, now is just a pity party for Auburn fans brave enough to witness what will surely be a loss at home at Jordan-Hare. Looks like we all like the Ags in this one.
- UMass travels to Vandy and..., yeah, Vandy here.
- Last but certainly not least we have MSU vs. Alabama, the game that we are most certainly all looking forward to. Now, before the picks solicit any negative commentary, you have to realize that the guys picking Alabama are wanting MSU to win, but expecting Alabama to. We can't blame them, but some of us are just to homer to the core to pick against State, so we take the Bulldogs to win in Tuscaloosa this weekend, inciting what will surely be Starkville's first ever riot.
Well, that's it for our picks for this weekend. What are your picks?