This weekend was a football dream that I don't think any of us want to wake up from yet. Week 6 was everything we hoped it would be, and then some. I did my best to try and recap it all here yesterday, but failed I'm sure to capture the greatness that abounded rampant in the world of college football two days ago. I'm just going to sum it up with two tweets, and then I'll move on to MSU only News and Notes:
Words can't explain Morgantown last night. I witnessed a man in a Spider Man costume ask a police officer what he could do to help.— Nick Arthur (@NarthurD) October 7, 2012
I also watched that same man order a drink ... twitter.com/NarthurD/statu…— Nick Arthur (@NarthurD) October 7, 2012
- From the other side of things, Tim Sullivan with the Courier-Journal touches on freshman QB Patrick Towles, and the all-to-brief glance Saturday at Kentucky's brighter future.
- Mullen is obviously aware of what was mentioned last Saturday among fans during the end of the game. In Sunday's teleconference, he told the media "We get a lead on people, get up and they take their foot off the gas a bit." Look for Them to work on that this week with Tennessee coming to town.
- Your animated drive chat, recapping Saturday's action on the field:
Animated Drive Chart brought to you by Gameday Depot.
- After catching 9 passes for 104 yards and a TD Saturday, as well as breaking MSU's all-time career TD receptions record, Chad Bumphis got a helmet sticker from ESPN SEC blogger Chris Low.
- Another great read from Bob Carskadon, recapping everything from Saturday's win over Kentucky in Lexington. Bob says what I along with others have been saying and thinking so far this season: sure we're undefeated, but it still feels kind of weird, doesn't it?
- Christian Holmes lays the hardest lick I've seen since the 2011 Gator Bowl:
Christian Holmes greets DeMarcus Sweat (via sfslickdawg)
- Where would State be ranked if the BCS was active at this point in the season? CBS says we would be 16th.
- ATTENTION BOWL PROJECTIONS HOT OF THE PRESS: CBS bumps us down to Atlanta after LSU's loss, and ESPN predicts the same but they've had that prediction.
- Spencer Hall breaks down the performance of the Top 25 in week 6.
- Mississippi State opened as a 1.5 point favorite over Tennessee yesterday, only to see that line double to 3 before the day was over.
That's it for today's news and notes everyone. Go out there and basically just survive Monday! (I should have been a motivational speaker)
BONUS MONDAY STINKS VIDEO (Warning - NSFWish, language):
AARON LEWIS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> RASCAL FLATTS
Aaron Lewis - What Hurts The Most (Rascal Flatts) HD Live in Lake Tahoe 8/06/2011 (via audionisity)