STARKVILLE, MS - NOVEMBER 12: A Mississippi State Bulldogs fan waves a flag during the game against the Alabama Crimson Tide on November 12, 2011 at Davis Wade Stadium in Starkville, Mississippi. (Photo by Butch Dill/Getty Images)
- So MSU baseball lost to Central Arkansas last night 2-0. Yes, that score is accurate. No further information needed on that mess.
- Yesterday, we here at For Whom the Cowbell Tolls started a series of posts called the MSU Greatest Games Sweet Sixteen. The idea behind the post is to collect together the greatest games in MSU athletic history and the fans vote on matchups to ultimately decide which game is the greatest. The games have been arranged in a bracket (visually shown here by our robnoladog) much like the NCAA Tournament. I may be biased (I am), but I think this is a pretty neat idea, and the guys and I took a couple of weeks hashing out which games should be included on the list and which ones shouldn't. No obviously, there will have been some great games left off this list, and we fully expect you guys to bring that to our attention. But even with leaving some off we still couldn't whittle the number of games down to 16, so we decided that the last 8 games would vie for the 16th and final spot. Voting for the play in game is open until Midnight tonight, so if you haven't voted yet, make sure to do so here before the stroke of Midnight! (Link to the introductory post here)
- Yay, the first early college football Christmas has arrived! Oh, you may also know it as the arrival of the SEC Helmet Schedule. The annual Schedule that hangs over thousands of office desks in the south can be found at the above link, and a copy can be viewed after the jump
- A great read from Marcello on Chris Stratton completing his turn around by winning the Ferriss Trophy Monday. Strat credits this past summer in the Cape Cod league as the defining moment in taking the next step in his career.
- Kendall Rogers of Perfect Game released his latest bracketology yesterday, and it listed Mississippi State as the #2 seed in the Eugene, Oregon regional. Oregon is listed as the #3 overall seed in Rogers' latest bracket.
- ESPN announced it will produce more episodes of the "30 for 30" series, which is fantastic news. One of those episodes will be about Bo Jackson biking across the state of Alabama for tornado relief. /grabs popcorn
- Our friend Bob Carskadon reported yesterday that former Bulldog Mario Haggan has signed a contract with the St. Louis Rams. Haggan had previously been with the Denver Broncos for the past several seasons.
- Richie Brown is tired of your non-sense, fans of other SEC teams besides MSU
- MLB.com with a mention of how much Chris Stratton's stock is rising in MLB Draft circles.
- 2 other outstanding series going on at the site right now, Croom Diaries' "What Ifs" series and justinrsutton's "History of MSU football series. Crooms latest: What if Xavier wouldn't have been so hot shooting that day in 2004 is a great read, and yesterday sutton told us about the magical year for MSU football that was 1901.
That's all for today ladies and gentlemen, have a great hump day!
Follow For Whom the Cowbell Tolls on Twitter.
Like For Whom the Cowbell Tolls on Facebook.