You'll have to pardon my quietness on the site yesterday and probably a good bit the rest of the week. The rest of the guys, as always, have done and continue to do an outstanding job at keeping you guys informed and entertained, but hey, what else is new. We are, while we post here, working behind the scenes to get you guys ready for when the site switches over to the new SBNation United layouts. Although I can't at this time tell you the date the site will go live or any intricate details, I can tell you this: it will far and away surpass both your expectations and the current layout here. What is also awesome is that those of you who view frequently via a mobile device or tablet (eye4msu, looking at you sir) will now have the exact same experience as those viewing from a computer will, with a high level of functionality on the site to boot. I'm telling you guys, this will take the outstanding work that all of the contributors here do and further elevate it by providing it to you in a format and layout that is sleek, easy to read and easy to navigate, so that you can easily find your favorite FWtCT sections, contributors, and weekly posts. DO NOT WORRY THOUGH, we will have post(s) in the very near future to help get you guys learned up on the new site, its functionality, and everything else you will need to make the transitions smoother. But believe you me, you will love the new layout, there is no doubt in my mind. I am excited about it, and I hope each and every one of you guys continues to come back here for all of your MSU news, opinion, analysis, and a little tomfoolery to go with it. Onwards to the future!
/straps on jetpack
//jetpack sputters, shoots me backwards into a dumpster.
Now, without further adieu, here are your MSU News and Notes for Thursday, September 20, 2012.
- Some of the players, including Darius Slay, Cam Lawrence, and Denico Autry, spoke with the media Tuesday night following practice. You can check out video for those interviews right here.
- One of my favorite bloggers, CBS/SBNation/Football Outsiders' Matthew Hinton with a good column earlier this week, talking about early teams playing well and what you should trust and not trust about each. It's funny, because I would flip flop Matt's trust/don't trust's, but mostly based on the Troy game performance.
- John Farley over at BDJ on how LaDarius Perkins used the Troy game to quietly start making a name for himself in the SEC.
- Best sign in Arkansas? Best sign in Arkansas (via Bobby Big Wheel)
- Oh, hey, the worst ESPN personality of all time (well, 2nd to Craig James) thought an Onion article about him was real. LOL
- According to a report by the Sports Business Journal, the SEC and ESPN are near a deal that could make the SEC Network a reality by the 2014 football season.
That's it for today, boys and girls. Hope you all have a good one!
For Whom the Cowbell Tolls Social Media
Follow FWtCT on Twitter
Like FWtCT on Facebook