Your Mississippi State News and Notes for Tuesday - and the first at the new site!
OUR NEW DIGS AIN'T THEY SO PURDY?! LOOK AT US YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO WE'RE SO HOT!
Seriously, welcome to the NEW For Whom the Cowbell Tolls - same hot sports takes, new fancy design to publish them in. We certainly hope you enjoy our new site, and tell your friends! We are excited to finally be able to share the site with y'all. Let us know what you think. Personally, I don't think there is a single thing I would do differently than the amazing developers at Vox Media did. Great stuff! Poke around, ask questions, and enjoy each and every feature of the new site. For the time being, take a quick read of today's Mississippi State News and Notes to get your day started right!
- Bob Carskadon with a neat read, as he was able to catch up with Giants GM Jerry Reese, who was in town to take a look at several Bulldog senior's and draft eligible prospects.
- Hey, the new men's and women's basketball season promo videos are up. Let's glance at the men's:
2012-13 Mississippi State Men's Basketball Promo Spot (via mstateathletics)
- While we're checking out videos, let's take one more look at the amazing Johnthan Banks interception from Saturday, where he reached over a South Alabama receiver and took the ball away:
Johnthan Banks Incredible Interception vs. South Alabama (via mstateathletics)
- Coach Dan Mullen took a break in the bye week from his usual Monday press conference to speak at the Jackson Touchdown Club monthly meeting, held at the River Hills Country Club yesterday. The Clarion Ledger's John Talty was able to catch up with Mullen briefly and discuss championship expectations in his fourth season after a 4-0 start.
- It was announced yesterday that October 5th's game at Kentucky will be an 11:21 A.M. kickoff. "Thank goodness! We can watch the game then go eat dinner," exclaimed every State fan over 70. Seriously, I hate nooner kickoffs. It's understandable though, considering the CBS game is LSU at Florida and the ESPN game is Georgia at South Carolina. WHY YOU NO BE GOOD, KENTUCKY?!
- Jimbo Fisher's sideburns take FSU to the next level.
- Steve Spurrier: monkey god of the SEC.
- Russell Wilson inspires a cast away meme trend in Seattle.
- LET'S REVIEW SOME WAY TOO EARLY BOWL PREDICTIONS SHALL WE: CBS (Cotton), and ESPN (Chick-Fil-A).
That's it for today folks. Enjoy your Tuesday, and enjoy the new site diggs!
For Whom the Cowbell Tolls Social Media
Follow FWtCT on Twitter
Like FWtCT on Facebook