Wednesday = the more athletic, better looking older brother of Tuesday.
Know what's great about today? It's Wednesday already, and that means only 3 days until football yet again. Lot's to get to in today's News and Notes, so let's get right to it!
- SBNation begins tracking who's still in the BCS hunt and who's already out after a weekend's worth of games. Good news: we're still in! (but are like 80 other teams :( )
- Horrible, awful news Monday that one of my favorite actors, Michael Clarke Duncan, passed away at age 54. One thing you may not know about Duncan, who is best known for his outstanding performance in The Green Mile, is that he attended Alcorn State, where he played basketball for one season. Rick Cleveland talked with the Alcorn coach ffrom the 1983-84 season that Duncan played with the Braves. Good stuff, and rest in peace big fella.
- Big news for Auburn fans yesterday as the school announced starting Center Reese Dismukes, who was suspended for the team's opener in Atlanta against Clemson, will play Saturday versus State. Dismukes was initially suspended due to a public intoxication charge the week prior to the opener last weekend. Coach Chizik declined to comment on whether or not Dismukes would start or come off the bench behind Tunde Fariyike, who started last week in his place.
- After clobbering Michigan 41-14 in Dallas last weekend, Alabama took its rightful place atop both the AP and USA Today Top 25 polls this week. The poll features 6 SEC teams, while Tennessee, A&M, Auburn, and MSU all received votes.
- Looks like former MSU RB Vick Ballard is already making a good impression in Indianapolis:
Vick Ballard listed as second RB to Donald Brown for— Paul Kuharsky (@espn_afcsouth) September 4, 2012
#Colts. I believe that's new.
- Several assistant football coaches spoke with the media Monday after practice. Here's the video:
- MSU Soccer Freshman Honeye Heydari was named SEC Freshman of the Week yesterday after her outstanding performance over the weekend in a pair of State W's. Heydari scored the winning goal in both matches, against Louisiana Monroe and Georgia State, to push the squad to 5-0 on the young season.
- Looks like the iPhone 5 will be announced next week on Wednesday. I HEARD IT CAN CONTROL LASERS FROM SPACE TO SCRATCH YOUR BOTTOM SO YOU DON'T HAVE TOOOOOOO.
- Nicholas Cage says STEP ASIDE LIAM NEESON I CAN GET PEOPLE TAKEN TOO. But in all honesty, when was the last time this man said NO to a film role?
That's all we have for today folks. As always, if I missed anything, add it in the comments!
Follow FWtCT on Twitter
Like FWtCT on Facebook