Happy Friday to everyone out there in Bulldog land. Today is the last news and notes before tomorrow's big game. Are you nervous? Surprisingly, I'm really not. Sure, sure, I know we have a big test in front of us, but for some reason, I feel good about our chances on Saturday. If Tyler Russell can play mistake free and the defense matches up as well as I think they will against Kiehl Frazier, I think Saturday could be a good day to be in maroon and white!
Now, here are your news and notes for Friday, September 7, 2012.
- We never did post this on the site yesterday (didn't want to cover up all of the other good content on there), but we had another great radio show yesterday, this time talking with College and Magnolia, SBNation's Auburn site, about the upcoming MSU-Auburn game. Chris Fuhrmeister came on with Justin Sutton and I and we talked Auburn's 2012 season expectations, replacing Michael Dyer, the emergence of Jermaine Whitehead, and much more. Great, great stuff from Chris, and we encourage you to go check them out today and tomorrow as we get ready for the big game.
- Rush the Court, one of the better college basketball sites out there, recently put together an offseason post talking Mississippi State hoops. For part of the post, the writers at RTC asked one of our own, Robbie Faulk aka winstoncountysfinest, to answer a few questions about the Bulldogs. The piece is definitely worth a read. SYNOPSIS: IT AINT GONNA BE PURDY FOR US THIS YEAR.
- There is zero, and I mean ZERO, funnier out there right now than the new SportsCenter commercial that ESPN released starring usually quiet John Clayton:
This is SportsCenter - John Clayton (via ESPN)
- I literally watched that video above like 15 times yesterday.
- John Cohen and the diamond dawgs picked up a commitment from 1B Dylan Ingram out of Edgewood, Alabama on Tuesday. Ingram was the player of the year last year in the AISA (?) in Alabama, which I'm assuming is the equivalent of the private school association here in Mississippi.
- Erick Dampier, a grocery store, 1995. Just click it already.
- Derrick Milton says "Backup, WHO YOU CALLIN BACKUP?!"
- Check out these answers I provided over at College and Magnolia to some answers Chris and Co. had about State.
- Another good Q&A from Bobby Carskadon with Sr. cornerback Darius Slay. Slay hints that State only show its base defense last Saturday against Jackson State. Could we see some extra wrinkles on both sides of the ball Saturday? We might! /CB's stand 15 yards off ball instead of 10
- You're going to want to be on our site around 7a.m. this morning. Just trust me #united
- State will add former Bulldog great Kent Hull into the Ring of Honor at this Saturday's game versus Auburn. The State center from 1979 until 1982, Hull was an All-American pick in his Senior season. Hull passed away last year at the age of 50.
That's it for today guys. Go out and make it a great Friday!
Because it's Friday and we have a big game tomorrow, here's some 1993 Alice in Chains to get you pumped up for tomorrow:
Alice in Chains - Would? (Live Jools Holland 1993) (via Helminen1)