After they teased us late Tuesday night, this morning Adidas and Mississippi State football announced the revealing of a new specialized uniform for the 2013 Egg Bowl.
Here are a few mockups included in the new design, revealed by Adidas today:
For a look at the full jersey, head over to Mississippi State Football's Facebook page.
Also, to give you an idea of what changed from last year's threads to this year, here's a look at the 2012 Egg Bowl (and Snow Bowl) jerseys.
The above gallery gives you a look at last year's edition, so you can compare and contrast the two to notice any new changes in design.
Noted changes are as follows:
- The 2012 edition was obviously in white for a road game; this year's are maroon
- Last year the large numbers were piped in maroon outlining the gold, but that outline is gone. I like the more plain gold look included in 2013's edition.
- Looks like no matte finish helmet this time, just a regular helmet with gold trim outlining the m-state. Liked the matte finish.
- The "netting" style material across the shoulders is a new design that Adidas has used across the board this year with all of its college teams. That is one of my favorite things about this new design.
- Instead of Hail State where player's last names normally go, this year's edition has Bulldogs across the top of the back of the jersey.
- Last year's jersey featured a glove pattern where the player had to put his hands together to create the gold m-state logo. Not this year though! Each hand gets his own golden m-state logo on top of the state of Mississippi outline. This will serve better between the hands, who sometimes hate each other and won't come together for a good cause.
So, what does everyone think? Love them? Hate them? Could care less?
I personally like them, but then again this is coming from a guy whose wife says will wear anything, so take it for what it's worth.
T-minus two minutes until the first "WHEN WILL WE WIN A DAGUM GAME IN THEM" comment...
All photos used above courtesy of Mississippi State University | HailState.com, Facebook.com/HailStateFootball