After a long, looooong layoff, MSU football is finally back for a bowl game after a two game winning streak to end the regular season catapulted them into bowl eligibility. MSU's opponent today is the Rice Owls, who come in with a 10-3 record and as conference champions of the C-USA. Can MSU back the stadium with maroon like they did in 2007? Will the Bulldogs' momentum from Thanksgiving continue on New Year's Eve. We'll know the answers to these questions and more in just under a day. Hail State!
Game Time: 03:00 CT
Location: Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium, Memphis, Tennessee
TV: ESPN [DirecTV: 206 | UVerse: 602 | Comcast: 29/403]
Announcers: Bob Wischusen, Rod Gilmore, and sideline reporter Quint Kessenich
Live Online Stream: We've been fortunate that many MSU games this year have been available via the streaming option on your computer, smart phone or tablet, and that option will be in play again today, as our game is on ESPN. You can watch the Liberty Bowl via streaming on WatchESPN [MSU vs. Rice].
Replay: My DirecTV schedule shows the first replay of the Liberty Bowl will be at 1 a.m. New Year's Day on ESPN2, and again Friday at 2 a.m. on ESPNU.
Radio: As always, here are your radio options for today's game.
Odds: With less than 24 hours until kickoff, the line for this game stands at Mississippi State -7 on the sports betting website BetOnline.com.
- We want Rice's offensive line to score, because they have they best touchdown celebrations
- (let's go beat) Rice Rice Baby: A rap by Dan Mullen
- 2013: Mississippi State's sports year, in pictures
- MSU center Dillon Day drives Lamborghini, is adult film star according to the Internet
- Damien Robinson wins Liberty bowl rib eating contest, MSU celebrates accordingly
- WMD's Liberty Bowl Preview: Defense
- WMD's Liberty Bowl Preview: Offense
- 2013 AutoZone Liberty Bowl, MSU vs. Rice: The Big Preview