MSU News & Notes - May 6, 2014 | New baseball polls, Road Dawgs, Softball, the NFL Draft, and more

Kevin C. Cox

Updates on baseball, softball, the Road Dawgs tour, the NFL Draft that starts Thursday, and more.

baseball logo MSU Links

MSU Earns No. 10 Seed For SEC Tournament - HailState.com

After wrapping up a successful regular season on Sunday, the lady diamond dogs will hit the road for the SEC Tournament this week.  They are slated to face 7-seed Kentucky to open the tournament tomorrow.

Road Dawgs Tour 2014 Kicks Off Monday - HailState.com

If you want to hear from Coach Mullen and Coach Ray then this week is your chance if you live in a fairly large metropolitan (relatively speaking, of course) area in Mississippi.  Schedule, towns and dates are inside.

Bulldogs Earn Back-To-Back Postseason Berths With Regional Bid - HailState.com

Golf is going back to the NCAA Tournament.  Surely they play the "final four" or finals for this at an awesome course like Pebble Beach, right?

Ross Mitchell Named SEC Pitcher of the Week For Third Time - HailState.com

Just Ross getting rewarded for another solid showing on Saturday.

Mississippi State hoops schedules series with Oregon State - Clarion Ledger

Sure, this is a fairly recognizable name on the surface.  But basketball-wise this is a program with less history than MSU, and with a worse record than MSU over the past decade or so.  And did I mention they just fired their coach? Feel the excitement!

Mississippi State vs. Auburn Baseball 2014: Bulldogs broom Tigers - FWtCT

The complete list of the updates polls is inside, along with a review of MSU's sweep of Auburn this past weekend.

baseball logo Non-MSU/etc Links

UPDATED: Jackson State baseball's bus catches fire, no injuries reported - Clarion Ledger

Thankfully this was not as serious as it could have been.  The picture inside tells a lot.

PFT Commenter's NFL Draft strategy guide - SBNation.com

There honestly is about 95% crap to read pre-NFL Draft, and maybe 5% worth reading.  This is really neither, or it is possibly in the 5% if you understand A) that it's heavy satire B) that it's a very nicely done satire of the other 95%.

NHL player squirts water inside opponent's glove - For the Win

Come on, man.

This one-man pass-and-catch is the most athletic thing on Vine - SBNation CFB

Holy crap!  Have to see to believe.

What it's like for players who *aren't* picked at the NFL Draft - SBNation CFB

This is an interesting read from the former Auburn TE.

baseball logo Tweet of the Day

X
Log In Sign Up

forgot?
Log In Sign Up

Please choose a new SB Nation username and password

As part of the new SB Nation launch, prior users will need to choose a permanent username, along with a new password.

Your username will be used to login to SB Nation going forward.

I already have a Vox Media account!

Verify Vox Media account

Please login to your Vox Media account. This account will be linked to your previously existing Eater account.

Please choose a new SB Nation username and password

As part of the new SB Nation launch, prior MT authors will need to choose a new username and password.

Your username will be used to login to SB Nation going forward.

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.

Join For Whom the Cowbell Tolls

You must be a member of For Whom the Cowbell Tolls to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at For Whom the Cowbell Tolls. You should read them.

Join For Whom the Cowbell Tolls

You must be a member of For Whom the Cowbell Tolls to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at For Whom the Cowbell Tolls. You should read them.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_9347_tracker