Can Clowney and the Gamecocks take down rival Clemson this weekend? - Jeff Blake-US PRESSWIRE
We pick the rivalry week set of games in the final week of the college football regular season.
It's rivalry week in the SEC, and teams are vying for better bowl positions, a chance at a national championship berth, and just getting to bowl eligibility all while trying to take down their most hated rival in the process. This week's set of games in the SEC should prove to be one of the best weekend's yet, and that's good to hear, because it is the final weekend of the regular season. For those wondering, we will pick the SEC (and possibly other) championship game(s) next weekend, and plan to do a special pick 'em challenge amongst the writers for the bowl season. But for now, let's take a look at our standings heading into week 13.
Robbie remains out in front with an 88-17 record on the year, while Braden stays right on his heels with an 87-18 clip. There's a bit of a logjam for 3rd between C.G., MBD, and myself, while JLgrindin and Justin Sutton sit just behind us, tied for 6th. Bringing up the back is Rob in 8th and TBD in 9th. Now, let's take a look at the picks for this week, and we will see if you agree with who we are taking or not.
- Looks like everyone is pretty unanimous on taking Georgia to beat rival Georgia Tech in the 'Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate' game.
- The same unanimous status goes to the Kentucky - Tennessee game. This is the lameduck bowl of 2012, even if UT's duck has already left the pond.
- The Iron Bowl is another unanimous pick as the Crimson Tide receive all of our confidence.
- Vanderbilt, Texas A&M, and LSU all seem to have the complete sweep of our picks, leaving only the Florida-FSU, MSU-Ole Miss, and South Carolin - Clemson games up in the air.
- Florida - Florida State seems to be split down the middle, with some of us taking the Gators, and others putting their money on the Seminoles at home.
- Same goes for Clemson - South Carolina. A few of us are taking the home-standing Tigers, while the rest have confidence in Spurrier and the Gamecocks to win.
- And last but certainly not least, there's the Egg Bowl. Only JLgrindin has confidence in the Rebels; the rest of us are certainly taking the Bulldogs in this one.
That's it for our picks for this week. Who are you guys taking?