Sorry for a bit of a delay last night folks. I, after several attempts, finally got to see Looper, so I got in a bit late and and had to finish up News and Notes this morning. Have you guys and girls seen it yet? I thought it was a pretty good movie. Here are your News and Notes for this Wednesday:
- Some highlights from Wes Rucker's (Vols 24/7) chat with QB Tyler Bray:
Tyler Bray on MissState: "They're a great defense ... but we don't care if we're playing Ed Reed or those guys, we're gonna go after 'em."— Wes Rucker (@wesrucker247) October 9, 2012
Vols QB Tyler Bray on 9 p.m. EDT kickoff vs. MissState: "We'll play at 6 a.m. in a Wal-Mart parking lot. We don't care."— Wes Rucker (@wesrucker247) October 9, 2012
Vols QB Tyler Bray on one benefit of 9 p.m. EDT game at MissState: "It just means I get more nap-time ... which is great."— Wes Rucker (@wesrucker247) October 9, 2012
- Ever wondered why Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson seems to have a boat paddle or beaver tail hanging from him helmet where dredlocks would normally be? Wes Rucker explains:
- Here's a funny story on a UT player's mom owning a cowbell.... say what?
- Bob chats with cornerbacks coach Melvin Smith.
- Last night our own QB Tyler Russell went on Yahoo! Sports Radio to chat about the 2012 season with David Nuno.
- So apparently Derek Dooley has been suppressing the injury report on himself lately. Dooley yesterday underwent surgery on his hip to repair a fracture. Dooley will coach Saturday night's game at Davis Wade from the press box. People have gone back and forth on this, but to me, that's a disadvantage for Tennessee. We will see if it has any effect whatsoever on the game's outcome Saturday night.
- FUMBLR, on Manningface.
- Bill Connelly on which coaches' seats are heating up around college football.
That's it for today folks, hope you have a great Wednesday!