Update #15- 11 AM
- And with your final update from this morning's action, Mississippi State has officially received Leo Lewis' National Letter of Intent. That puts the final nail in things for a really, really good class. Here's what MSU ended up with today. Like I said earlier, we'll have a more detailed breakdown of the class tonight, but this was easily MSU's best National Signing Day ever. Hail State!
Turn up! Welcome to #DawgFam15 @TheLeoLewis_40 pic.twitter.com/xmtKPlfyP4— Dan Mullen™ (@CoachDanMullen) February 4, 2015
- Here's the link to the HailState.com signing day profiles on everyone who signed today. Lots of names in there worth checking out. (LINK)
Update #14- 10:35 AM
- And here's hour story on Lewis to MSU. Took the long road there, but will be a Bulldog today when it matters. Hail State (LINK)
- LEO LEWIS HAS COMMITTED TO MISSISSIPPI STATE! Now just awaiting the paperwork. Huge, huge addition for MSU.
It's official: MSU lands the nation's top middle linebacker Leo Lewis.— Robbie Faulk (@robbiefaulk247) February 4, 2015
- Moton, by the way, is a big late get for MSU. He was once committed to State, flipped to Alabama, and how now officially landed in Starkville. Big framed guy who could contribute immediately.
- After a bit of a delay, TD Moton's fax is in and he has signed with Mississippi State. That means no surprises ala Tee Shepard this year for the Bulldogs; all committed players have now signed. All eyes turn to Brookhaven.
Welcome to the family @__moton ! #DawgFam15 pic.twitter.com/3Rpx4YhQaI— Dan Mullen™ (@CoachDanMullen) February 4, 2015
Update #13- 10:15 AM
- Think former players don't also keep up with National Signing Day after they have left campus? Think again
February 4, 2015
- And there it is. 4-star safety Jamal Peters has signed with Mississippi State. Quite possibly MSU's best class at the safety position. Peters and McLaurin will be such fun to watch for the next three to four seasons. Welcome, Jamal!
Excited to have @JamalPeters21 in the FAMILY! #DawgFam15 pic.twitter.com/gnN5A4sTOQ— Dan Mullen™ (@CoachDanMullen) February 4, 2015
- Things are getting setup for Leo Lewis' announcement in about 15 minutes. Again, it's expected to be either Mississippi State or LSU
Here to see Leo Lewis (@TheLeoLewis_40) choose between #LSU and #MissSt pic.twitter.com/9QFDomYtIt— Andrew Lopez (@_Andrew_Lopez) February 4, 2015
Update #12- 10 AM
- We're still awaiting word on commit Jamal Peters. It is REALLY difficult to get a read on where he'll sign
Keeping everyone guessing** RT @DBrownWDAM: I think it's a safe bet to say Jamal Peters is signing with MSU pic.twitter.com/iZbR7m9wVf— Robbie Faulk (@robbiefaulk247) February 4, 2015
- It looks like we just lack official word on TD Moton as 247sports reports that he NLI is in.
Per a family member, 2015 MSU commit T.D. Moton has signed with the Bulldogs and will fax it in soon http://t.co/JSSxY5975v— Paul Jones (@PJ247Sports) February 4, 2015
- MSU now waits on three NLI announcements: commits Jamal Peters and TD Moton and uncommitted prospect Leo Lewis.
Update #11- 9:45AM
- Miggins' recruitment was always very quiet, and apparently he had Kentucky as a leader for awhile now despite thoughts publicly that it was MSU. Just goes to show you that it's a faulty science trying to predict which way these guys are leaning. Anyways, best of luck to Courtney in Lexington.
Source said Miggins started leaning UK after his OV two weekends ago. Public perception MSU led. Kept a good secret. pic.twitter.com/1lCpcpEcKm— Justin Rowland (@RowlandRIVALS) February 4, 2015
- Our last update has become official as Pearl River's Courtney Miggins signs with Kentucky. (LINK)
Update #10- 9:15 AM
- It looks like MSU may start 0-for-1 today on its final two targets, as Bulldawgs247's Robbie Faulk is reporting it looks like Kentucky for Pearl River star Courtney Miggins. Miggins miss would be a blow for this class, but it's not a tremendous one, especially if State is able to land Leo Lewis in just over an hour. We should have official word soon.
Hearing Courtney Miggins could sign with Kentucky.— Robbie Faulk (@robbiefaulk247) February 4, 2015
Update #9- 8:50 AM
- 4-star Holmes LB Traver Jung's NLI is in for MSU. Yet another talented, long linebacker prospect to fit into Manny Diaz' scheme. Welcome, Traver!
Pumped to have @TRATRELL in #DawgFam15 pic.twitter.com/C1aGSAmJJw— Dan Mullen™ (@CoachDanMullen) February 4, 2015
- Signing day is an excellent time to recommend that you read this fascinating piece from SBNation on SEC bag men and recruiting. A really, really interesting read if you haven't already checked it out, and it's never more important than today (LINK)
- After another lull in the action, we have one of the few remaining NLIs in from Bessemer OL Darryl Williams. Despite some late interest from Florida, Darryl has been all-Bulldog since he committed last fall, and he made that pledge official today. Also, he has an awesome Twitter handle. Welcome, Darryl!
Excited to have @LilDarryl12345 in #DawgFam15 pic.twitter.com/xujPFDbXtM— Dan Mullen™ (@CoachDanMullen) February 4, 2015
Update #8- 8:40 AM
- Some of you may have know this, but it appears that MSU will shift Dontea Jones to tight end. With his athleticism, that could be a huge plus for Dan Mullen's offense in a few years.
Dontea Jones told me Monday that he's up to 260. He's going to be a load at tight end. Terrible mismatch for defenses.— Robbie Faulk (@robbiefaulk247) February 4, 2015
- Scouting breakdown of WR signee Justin Johnson (LINK)
Update #7- 8:30 AM
- Add Pascagoula product Keith Joseph Jr. to MSU's signing list. The 3-star defensive end has quickness and a light frame that could make him difficult to block around the end. He follows in his father's footsteps by signing with MSU this morning. Welcome, Keith!
Welcome to #DawgFam15 @iam_therealmj pic.twitter.com/XOsNpbIRbq— Dan Mullen™ (@CoachDanMullen) February 4, 2015
- Make that three really big, really talented wide receivers signed as nearby Louisville HS product Dontea Jones has signed. Jones is another big bodied wideout who State fans should be excited about. Welcome, Dontea!
Welcome to the family @dontea_jones19 #DawgFam15 pic.twitter.com/MJPaBtZMuO— Dan Mullen™ (@CoachDanMullen) February 4, 2015
- MSU adds another big wide receiver to its arsenal this morning as 6'4" Justin Johnson has signed with MSU. Johnson, who hails from Hoover, Alabama, has the build to be another De'Runnya Wilson. A big get for Billy Gonzales.
Welcome to the family @_JustinJohnson1 #DawgFam15 pic.twitter.com/tCf15k9fa2— Dan Mullen™ (@CoachDanMullen) February 4, 2015
- Just a reminder that while we're doing updates here, we'll have a more in-depth look at this signing class later on today.
- Another highly rated commit is in for MSU as 4-star Pinson (AL) star Nick Gibson has signed with MSU. Gibson chose State over an impressive offer list that includes nearby Alabama. Check out his highlight video to see what type of future star he'll be for MSU. Welcome, Nick!
Excited to have Nick Gibson in the family. #DawgFam15 pic.twitter.com/8P1bvqUT3r— Dan Mullen™ (@CoachDanMullen) February 4, 2015
Update #6 - 8:20 AM
- There is a bit of a lull in the action, so I wanted to mention that it's still odd that we haven't heard anything out of Courtney Miggins' camp. As you may recall, Miggins was originally scheduled to announce on Monday, but that never happened. He is a 3-star DL out of Pearl River that is down to MSU, Kentucky, and NC State.
- Collins S Mark McLaurin has signed with MSU. The 4-star prospect helps to form what could be the best safety haul MSU has ever had. That assumes that Jamal Peters follows through and signs, which we are waiting on along with a few more commits. Welcome, Mark!
Great to have you in the family @_young_star11 #DawgFam15 pic.twitter.com/1U7G8PPw2u— Dan Mullen™ (@CoachDanMullen) February 4, 2015
Update #5 - 8:10 AM
- Defensive line coach David Turner is understandably excited about Fletcher Adams (LINK)
- Rivaling Jamal Peters and Leo Lewis, Brandon DL Fletcher Adams was one of the most fought over recruits in this class. That fight is officially over as his NLI is in for MSU. Can't overstate how big a get he is for MSU. He joins his brother, Nelson, on MSU's defensive front this fall. Welcome, Fletcher!
Excited to have another Adams in the family. Congrats @FletcherAdams43 #DawgFam15 pic.twitter.com/Z3gvRGlZfA— Dan Mullen™ (@CoachDanMullen) February 4, 2015
- The beat goes on as Wesson WR Farrod Green's NLI is in for MSU. Welcome, Farrod!
Excited to have you in #DawgFam15 @iamfarrodgreen pic.twitter.com/bmAwl0aYnk— Dan Mullen™ (@CoachDanMullen) February 4, 2015
- Add Shades Valley ATH Keith Mixon to the MSU list of signees this morning. Welcome, Keith!
Welcome to the family @keithandremixon #DawgFam15 pic.twitter.com/5i2or4nApw— Dan Mullen™ (@CoachDanMullen) February 4, 2015
Update #4 - 8 AM
- Add another as 4-star Warren Central CB Chris Stamps' NLI is in for MSU. Stamps is such a big get for MSU. Will contribute in a big way, and possibly early.
Great to have you in the family @Stamps_DaKid4 #DawgFam15 pic.twitter.com/3Z95Zsko6h— Dan Mullen™ (@CoachDanMullen) February 4, 2015
- Two more NLIs have rolled in this morning as Aliceville (AL) DE Anfernee Mullins and Minor CB Maurice Smitherman's NLIs are in. Mullins is a raw guy that I'm really excited about, and Smitherman is a corner prospect with an impressive offer sheet. State really did well in our neighbor state this year.
Pumped to have you in the family @Rise_then_Shine #DawgFam15 pic.twitter.com/LgGN3LzmIC— Dan Mullen™ (@CoachDanMullen) February 4, 2015
Welcome to the family @iammanchild_11 #DawgFam15 pic.twitter.com/BKqepwnhmg— Dan Mullen™ (@CoachDanMullen) February 4, 2015
- While the official announcement isn't until 10:30, things seem to look good for MSU this morning with regards to Leo Lewis. That could always change, of course, but you can't help but be excited as a State fan. Keep those fingers crossed. (link)
Update #3 - 7:40 AM
- Bay Springs ATH Jonnas Spivey's NLI is in for MSU.
- Pinson, AL DE Kendell Jones is the next NLI in for MSU. Jones is a guy that I'm really excited to see develop under Dan Mullen. He's got a lot of raw skills and ability, and I think with a few years of tutelage, he could be one of the next great defensive linemen to come through Starkville. Welcome, Kendell!
Kendell Jones is now officially in #DawgFam15 pic.twitter.com/ciLl3WM9BQ— Dan Mullen™ (@CoachDanMullen) February 4, 2015
Update #2 - 7:30 AM
- MSU running back coach Greg Knox weighs in on new, bruising running back signee Alec Murphy (LINK)
- 3-star Yazoo City linebacker Timothy Washington's NLI is in, as he becomes the fourth Bulldog to sign today. He has been committed to MSU since November... of 2013. Now THAT is commitment.
Welcome to #DawgFam15 @timwashington52 pic.twitter.com/qnZzJmkPrl— Dan Mullen™ (@CoachDanMullen) February 4, 2015
- Things quieted down a bit after the two Tennessee guys signed, but we have a new update in as Alec Murphy has signed his NLI with MSU. Murphy is a rare Bulldog pull from the state of Missouri, but MSU is glad to have him in as one of three running backs expected to sign today. Welcome, Alec!
Welcome to the family @alecmurphy26 #DawgFam15 pic.twitter.com/DrdKVX6Jh9— Dan Mullen™ (@CoachDanMullen) February 4, 2015
Update #1 - 6:50 AM
- Harrison Moon's friend and 3-star QB commit Nick Tiano has signed his NLI with MSU. Tiano totaled over 2,000 passing yards, 700 rushing yards and 24 total TDs in his senior year at Baylor School in Chattanooga. Welcome, Nick!
Excited to have you in #DawgFam15 @NickTiano pic.twitter.com/AAGNqfQ1j7— Dan Mullen™ (@CoachDanMullen) February 4, 2015
- John Hevesy weighs in on Harrison Moon (LINK)
- The first update has rolled in as 3-star Signal Mountain, Tennessee native Harrison Moon has signed his NLI.
Welcome to the family @harrisonmoon1 #DawgFam15 pic.twitter.com/3T254iwOQT— Dan Mullen™ (@CoachDanMullen) February 4, 2015
Moon weighs in at 6'5" and 270 lbs.
Good morning, and welcome to our coverage of Mississippi State's 2015 National Signing Day. If you'll be busy throughout the day then I have some good news: we'll be tracking every important update, including every signature as it rolls in, right here in one convenient place. The updates will be placed above in reverse chronological order to make sure that every time you refresh, you get the latest info on MSU's 2015 signing class. Each update will be noted by a timestamp and walking bulldog logo, and each important news item -- signing, commitment, etc. -- will be highlighted in bold for importance.
If you haven't read up on what to expect today, be sure to take a peak at our National Signing Day primer to know what is coming for State today. Also, you can catch all of our updates in our National Signing Day storystream.
Here's to another great NSD for MSU. Hail State!