Hi folks. We’ve recently learned that Justin plans to retire in the coming weeks, which means we’ll be in the market for a new person to run this wonderful site.
If you love Mississippi State sports, writing, and the idea of running your own site, we'd love for you to be the new FWTCT manager. Here's what that person does:
- Writes multiple articles about MSU sports each week.
- Manages a staff of other writers, editing, and scheduling their work.
- Runs (or delegates) the site’s Facebook, Twitter, and other evolving social platform accounts.
- Makes sure the site publishes enough to grow.
- Trains other writers in SB Nation best practices (headlines, formatting, etc).
- Maintains a growing and vibrant community and ensures it is welcoming for everyone.
This is a part-time contracted position and comes with a monthly stipend. Previous writing experience isn't required (but it does help), but a familiarity with social media tools, an understanding for what is news and how to find it, and a self-starter attitude are required.
If you’re interested in applying, you can do so here.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.