The Mississippi St. Bulldogs have played 6 games and are 4-2 (1-2). Many fans and analysts expected the Bulldogs to be 6-0 at this point in the season.
All you can do now is look ahead. We’re halfway through this 2018 football season (sad face) and the Bulldogs’ schedule doesn’t get any easier.
I’m going to rank each of Mississippi State’s games from the most difficult game to the least difficult game:
- Alabama Crimson Tide (Away): This one is obvious. I don’t feel like I have to explain this one, but I’ll do this best I can. Tua Tagovailoa is throwing, running, and jumping through defenses right now. Mississippi State will be the biggest defensive test he will face this season.
- LSU Tigers (Away): This is a game Mississippi State can win. If the Dawgs do win this game, then they’ll be the favorite in the rest of the games they play (besides Bama). Should be a fun one next week in Death Valley. Interested to see how the Tigers handle the Georgia Bulldogs this afternoon.
- Texas A&M Aggies (Home): I’m glad we’ve got the Aggies at home. I like Jimbo Fisher and what he’s doing in College Station, TX.
- Ole Miss Rebels (Away): Blah. Ugh. Gross. Nasty. Nah. Nope. No.
- Arkansas Razorbacks (Home): I’m awaiting the outcome of the Ole Miss/Arkansas game to decide if I want to keep Arkansas at 5 or move them up to 4. After putting 31 points on Alabama I was even more happy to have the Razorbacks at home.
- Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (Home): Sure they hung with LSU for a while, but it’s still La Tech. I’ll keep them at 6 because every other team we play is an SEC West team.
Mississippi State will be in all of these games. I even think they will hang with Alabama. Not win necessarily, but hey that defense is looking stout right now.
Enjoy today and rest easy since the Bulldogs have a bye week.