Earlier today as a part of #throwbackthursday on Twitter, the official MSU account tweeted the following:
I was unable to locate the photograph in the University's digital archives, but it appears to be a picture of one of the early 1900s baseball teams. There's so much going on here. Let's try and document it
- I don't want to alarm any of you who don't believe in time machines, but that's Eli Manning in the top right corner. Sure, he's a beloved figure in Oxford due to his time under center for the Ole Miss football team, but in a previous life he was a member of the Mississippi A&M baseball squadron. This has got to be devastating for you Ole Miss fans. I'll give you a minute.
- The man I assume to be an assistant coach or the team's personal doctor/sniper, second from the right, has just a phenomenal mustache. I mean, if John Cohen grew one of those right now I would guarantee that State wouldn't lose another game ever. EVER people. Get to grooming JC.
- Bottom row, first to the right from dead center - who beat the crap out of that guy? Seriously, he either had a rough night the night before or he is in the middle of some serious hazing by this team. Of course they probably hazed pretty good back then; back before all of these "rules" about throwing someone from a moving vehicle were in place.
- The coach, or who I assume to be the head coach there in the top center, grew up to be this character from The Longest Yard remake in 2005 (maybe).
- The guy on the bottom left is wearing a turtleneck.
- I don't know which one of you made the player on the top left cry, but shame on you. ALSO SEE: Johnny Manziel-looking guy to his left may have just broken wind.