With the 2014 college baseball regular season and conference tournaments all in the books, today we found out which 64 teams begin play where as they all vie for a spot in the annual trek to Omaha and the College World Series. The list of 64 teams was announced just moments ago on ESPN:
2014 NCAA College Baseball Tournament
|Super Regional Pairings||Super Regional Pairings|
|Corvallis, OR Regional||Stillwater, OK Regional||Tallahassee, FL Regional||Louisville, KY Regional|
|1 - Oregon State (1)
||1 - Oklahoma State||1 - Florida State (5)||1 - Louisville
|2 - UNLV||2 - Nebraska||2 - Alabama||2 - Kentucky|
|3 - UC Irvine||3 - Cal St. Fullerton||3 - Kennesaw St.||3 - Kansas|
|4 - North Dakota State||4 - Binghampton||4 - Georgia Southern||4 - Kent St.
|Gainesville, FL Regional||Miami, FL Regional||Lafayette, LA Regional||Oxford, MS Regional|
|1 - Florida (2)
||1 - Miami||1 - UL-Lafayette (6)
||1 - Ole Miss|
|2 - Long Beach St.||2 - Texas Tech||2 - Mississippi St.||2 - Washington|
|3 - North Carolina||3 - Columbia||3 - San Diego St.||3 - Georgia Tech|
|4 - College of Charleston||4 - Bethune-Cookman||4 - Jackson St.||4 - Jacksonville St.|
|Charlottesville, VA Regional||Columbia, SC Regional||Fort Worth, TX Regional||San Luis Obispo, CA Regional|
|1 - Virginia (3)
||1 - South Carolina||1 - TCU (7)||1 - Cal Poly|
|2 - Arkansas||2 - Campbell||2 - Dallas Baptist||2 - Arizona St.|
|3 - Liberty||3 - Maryland||3 - Sam Houston St.||3 - Pepperdine|
|4 - Bucknell||4 - Old Dominion||4 - Siena||4 - Sacramento St.|
|Bloomginton, IN Regional||Nashville, TN Regional||Baton Rouge, LA Regional||Houston, TX Regional|
|1 - Indiana (4)
||1 - Vanderbilt
||1 - LSU (8)||1 - Rice|
|2 - Indiana St.||2 - Oregon||2 - Houston||2 - Texas|
|3 - Stanford||3 - Clemson||3 - Bryant||3 - Texas A&M|
|4 - Youngstown St.||4 - Xavier||4 - Southeastern Louisiana||4 - George Mason|
- The top eight national seeds are as follows: Oregon State, Florida, Virginia, Indiana, Florida State, UL-Lafayette, TCU, and LSU.
- Here's the breakdown of bids by conference for multiple-bid leagues:
Atlantic Coast (7): Florida State, Maryland, Miami, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Clemson
Big 12 (5): Texas Christian, Oklahoma State, Texas, Kansas, Texas Tech
Pac-12 (5): Oregon State, Oregon, Arizona State, Stanford, Washington
Big West (4): Cal Poly, UC Irvine, Long Beach State, Cal State Fullerton
American Athletic (2): Louisville, Houston
Missouri Valley (2): Indiana State, Dallas Baptist
Conference USA (2): Rice, Old Dominion
Southland (2): Sam Houston State, Southeastern Louisiana
Big South (2): Liberty, Campbell
Mountain West (2): San Diego State, UNLV
Big Ten (2): Indiana, Nebraska
- Old rivals Texas and Texas A&M face off in the Rice Regional. What a matchup.
- Houston to the Baton Rouge Regional is a tough draw for both the Cougars and LSU. Houston was on the cusp of hosting but was ousted by Louisville.
- Kentucky gets sent to the Louisville Regional. WOW. That will be a fun one to watch.
- Florida and Miami are paired together for super regional play. Again, the theme of matching rivals runs deep through the regional pairings so far.
- There it is folks. If you're a baseball fan in the state of Mississippi then chances are you have your eyes on the potential super regional matchup between the Lafayette and Oxford regionals. Potential MSU and Ole Miss matchup for chance to go to Omaha. Would be insane, but lots of baseball to be played before that. Lafayette very, very good.
We'll have more on the Lafayette Regional for MSU fans later on, but for now take in the full field of 64. Is there anything that sticks out to you? Anyone that didn't get in that you thought would? What about where everyone was sent?