In the world of recruiting, you learn to expect the unexpected. A few weeks ago, Bulldog fans probably would not have expected Tee Shepard to be a part of the 2014 signing class, but now it appears that the ultra-talented Holmes product will, in fact, be signing with State.
I am officially committed to Our State !!!#HailState
— Tee Shepard™ (@TeeShepard1) February 2, 2014
Shepard, who originally signed with Notre Dame out of high school, played this past season at nearby Holmes Community College. Just recently it was reported that Tee expected to play another season of JUCO ball before making the jump, so he had moved back to California to play closer to home. That would change though as Holmes coaches reportedly called Shepard and told him that he could get the credits he needed to be at the Division-1 level in the fall, and now Tee will be there this fall with Mississippi State.
Shepard has both the talent and experience to be able to come in and be an instant impact player for MSU's defensive backfield. His size makes him a formidable matchup for SEC receivers, and his highlights show that he has a nose for the football:
Shepard is rated as the 17th best junior college player in the country according to the 247 sports composite ranking system, and he is rated as the number one junior college cornerback in the country.
State fans should be very excited at the prospect of Shepard playing in maroon and white in the fall.
- 2014 Mississippi State National Signing Day Primer
- Clarksdale duo J.T. Gray and Elgton Jenkins commit to Mississippi State
- Putting the Pieces Together: A Look at Mississippi State Bulldog Recruiting and the Impact of the 2014 Roster on it
- Let's claim the 1940 and 1941 National Championships, shall we?
- Mississippi State Bulldogs Start Hot, but Drop Hoops Contest on the Road to Vanderbilt