Derek Sherrod earned Offensive Lineman of the Week honors from the SEC this week. Also, redshirt freshman LaDarius Perkins earned Freshman of the Week. Here are the bullet points.
- Sherrod helped pave the way for the Bulldogs to amass 498 total yards, including 210 on the ground, in Mississippi State's 31-23 victory at Ole Miss.
- State eclipsed the 200-yard rushing mark for the seventh time this season and the 14th time in the last two years.
- He graded out at 92 percent with 6 knockdowns, his eighth 90 percent score of the season.
- Sherrod led an offensive line that cleared the way for the Bulldogs to average 215.8 rushing yards per game, ranking second in the SEC and 16th nationally.
- Perkins tallied 319 all-purpose yards, second highest total in school history, in Mississippi State’s 31-23 win at Ole Miss.
- He caught three passes for 140 yards and 2 TDs, rushed for 98 yards on 13 carries, and had 65 kick return and 16 punt return yards.