Led, as always, by the tandem of Dee Bost and Arnett Moultrie, State powered past a good West Virginia team at Humphrey Coliseum 75-62 tonight. State improves to 8-1 on the season with the win, while West Virginia falls to 4-2.
State came out of the gates strong in the first half, taking a 10 point lead halfway through the first. The Mountaineers however closed the gap, and trailed only by 2 at halftime 34-32.
State will have the week of this week for finals, and will return to the court next Saturday to face Troy at the Hump at 3pm.
- Arnett Moultrie is just impressive in the post. I think Lawrence Roberts is the last post player I remember being as good as Arnett.
- Dee Bost's play will dictate this teams success this season. As Bost goes, so does our team. And right now, Bost is going very well.
- With Sidney and Moultrie in the paint, not much talk is thrown the way of Wendell Lewis. Wendell is playing well right now, and gives this team the Brandon Vincent-esque presence every good team needs.
- There is no smoother shot in college basketball than Jalen Steele. There just isn't.
- They call DeVille Smith Cadillac DeVille for a reason. He is going to be great. And okay I admit by "them" I mean me.
- Great crowd at the Hump tonight. Good to see an early season raucous crows on campus even with no football going on.
- Trolling West Virginia with the "S-E-C" chants at the end was dirty, but I liked it.
- West Virginia's center Deniz Kilicli, is good, and also a terrifying man.
- Overall, this was a good game for both teams. State just simply pulled away in the end, and West Virginia couldn't overcome their foul troubles. Good to have a quality OOC win like this in the books.