Wrapping up coverage of the loss to LSU, here is video of Dan Mullen's post-game press conference.
Notes and quotes after the jump.
- For the third time since 1980, the Mississippi State defense held LSU to one touchdown or less (1981, 1993). The Bulldog defense limited LSU’s offense to 19 points after the Tigers entered averaging 44.5 points per game in 2011.
- Tonight marked the first time in the history of the 105-game series that both teams entered ranked in the Top 25.
- Davis Wade Stadium at Scott Field registered its 11th-consecutive sellout. The crowd of 56,924 marked the third-largest crowd in the history of Davis Wade Stadium at Scott Field.
- The six first-half points allowed were the least allowed to a SEC West team since 2008 vs. Auburn, and the least given up to LSU in a first half since 1997.
- The Bulldogs failed to rush for over 100 yards for only the second time in 28 games under Dan Mullen (Florida, 2009)
- Senior captain Charles Mitchell registered a career-high 16 tackles, the most by a Bulldog since Dominic Douglas also had 16 at Ole Miss on Nov. 28, 2008.
- Junior cornerback Corey Broomfield notched a career-best 10 tackles.
- Junior defensive back Johnthan Banks notched his ninth-career interception in the fourth quarter, tying him for ninth alltime in school history.
- Redshirt freshman Kaleb Eulls recorded his first-career sack in the third quarter.
- Junior wide receiver Chad Bumphis moved into a tie for 10th place on the school's all-time receptions list with his 81stcareer catch.
- Senior kicker Derek DePasquale rose up to a tie for sixth in school history for career field-goals made with 25