It is the dag burn Friday of Arkansas week, so there's really no other acceptable way to kick off News and Notes than a Bill Clinton meme:
YOU ARE WELCOME.
Tweet of the Day:
The picture is what makes it. Now on with your notes, which will be quick and short this morning:
- Johnthan Banks yesterday was named a semifinalist for the Lott Impact Trophy. The trophy is given annually to the football player who has the biggest impact for his team both on and off the field.
- Bob Carskadon's Q&A with wide receiver's coach Tim Brewster, who has been an outstanding addition to the coaching staff I must say.
- The first guy Dan Mullen ever recruited to come to Mississippi State was Chad Bumphis, and as Brandon Marcello writes, that worked out pretty well for State.
- We talked to you last week about how MSU was on the short list for the Chick Fil A Bowl, and now it seems that the Bowl has updated that list this week. MSU is now one of three SEC teams, along with LSU and South Carolina, who could wind up in the game. Although MSU does need to win at least one more game, two to be safe, to have a good shot at the Atlanta based bowl, it will be interesting to see how the complete SEC bowl picture works out this year. Keep in mind that the Chick Fil A Bowl picks ahead of the Gator Bowl (I think, please correct if wrong), and South Carolina, one of the other candidates, went to the Georgia Dome and played in this game just two years ago. Still need to win a game or two to have this conversation, so we will save it for then, but for now, just know that we are on the short list with LSU and USC, along with essentially half of the ACC.
- For those of you that think we alone are awful at basketball in the SEC this year, I GIVE YOU THE AUBURN TIGERS.
That's it for today's News and Notes folks. Happy Maroon Friday, and Hail State!
BONUS FRIDAY VIDEO:
Local H - Bound For The Floor (via LocalhVevo)