Welcome fans, and we hope you enjoy this thread of openness. Come by at any point in the game and leave your comments on the game, our site, life, whatever strikes you. We don't care.
State looks to extend its record to 20-5 today and finish out a 3 game homestand 3-0. A win today would be huge, especially if State can get two on the road next week and go into the Kentucky game at 22-5. One game at a time though, and that starts today. If you can't make it to today's game (like us), come here and talk about the game (with us).
Here are some links to help get you ready for the game.
- Our own Justin Sutton gives you a preview of today's matchup
- HailState.com gives you the official game notes for today's affair
- Chip Towers with the Atlanta Journal-Constitution tells us Georgia finally put it all together in their last outing Wednesday, demolishing Arkansas at home 81-59.
- Matthew C. Stevens talks about the effects of the quick turn around that occurs in SEC hoops.
A few notes on today's game:
- The expected lineup, as it has been, is Renardo Sidney, Dee Bost, Brian Bryant, Arnett Moultrie, and Rodney Hood.
- This is the last game in a 3-game homestand for State. The dawgs will resume road play Tuesday as they travel to Baton Rouge to take on LSU. Tip is set for 8 pm Central and the game will be televised on ESPNU.
- From the official game notes... A win Saturday would give MSU its 17th 20-plus win season in school history. Of the 16, eight have come on Rick Stansbury's watch. Even I have to say that's impressive.
- The last time Georgia came to the Hump? State came from 11 down with under 6 minutes to play to defeat the red and black dawgs 72-69. Here's the video from that matchup (warning: excessive Jarvis Varnado defensive in this footage)
Georgia v. Mississippi St. - 2010 Jan. 16 - Last 6 Minutes (via Blarghman1)