4 days.... are you ready? Hopefully you are staying safe out there as tropical storm Isaac crawls closer to the coastline of Louisiana and
Mississippi the landmass between New Orleans and Mobile.
- Did you catch Coach Mullen's first weekly press conference yesterday? If you did, you can catch it in its entirety right here. Coach Mullen touched on Brandon Heaven's place on the field this fall, the battle at the MLB spot, Charles Siddoway, Deonte Skinner, Dak Prescott, and much, much more. If you prefer the transcript over the video, you can check that out right here.
- The MSU men's tennis team has a new signee in Brazilian standout Pedro Dumont. Pedro hails from (no joke) Brasilia, Brazil, among the Bulldog's signees, Dumont holds the highest ATP ranking, coming in at 1,038th.
- I missed this in yesterday's notes, but apparently one MSU team has already defeated the Jackson State Tigers. The MSU ladies volleyball squad took down the JSU Tigers Friday night in front of 1,605 fans at Newell-Grissom. The volleydawgs would then go on to defeat Louisiana-Monroe to move to 2-0 on the season, only to fall in a tough match 3-1 versus Kennesaw State in the championship of the Maroon Classic.
- Brandon Marcello catches us up on Tim Brewster and his quick transition from CBS sports announcer to MSU wide receivers coach.
- It looks like Dedric McDonald will be Jackson State's QB when the Tigers head into Davis Wade Saturday.
- The off-season has come to a close, and this is the best fark to emerge from it.
- Senator Blutarsky, no not that one, has his preseason SEC predictions out, which are actually mostly made up of strengths and weaknesses breakdowns for all 14 teams. Good read, as always.
- Chris Low, ESPN's resident SEC blogger and lover of bowling shirts, had some good things to say about Joe Morrow yesterday, tagging Morrow as State's X-factor player for the 2012 season. I agree completely with Low (for once): I think Morrow could be the difference in a decent season and a really good season for us. The guy certainly has the talent, the biggest question is can he be bigger than the hype, come in and actually be the guy we hope for instead of filling the shoes of disappointing receivers (Burks, Hargro, Riley) of years past.
- Important! SI.com has assembled a slideshow of the greatest athlete frosted tip pictures ever. I must warn you though, some of the pictures in there are not safe to view while eating food or maybe just like in general. Be safe.
- If you weren't already ready for the season, then read this from Brent Zwerneman at MySanAntonio.com, who had some really nice things to say about our tailgating heaven - The Junction. A really good read. Thanks Brent!
- If you're a Star Wars nerd like me then this is just the coolest thing:
It's always great to catch up with a dear old friend!— Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) August 27, 2012
- No this is not a fake, that really happened. WTH Jerry Jones:
via The Mothership
- I really don't know how to follow that, but we'll throw in this link to the Washington Post, who says there's a possibility that the Cincinnati Reds may call up Taylorsville native Billy Hamilton for a playoff push. Hamilton, as you probably know, is widely considered the fastest man in baseball, and just broke a stolen base record that had stood since 1983. Good luck Billy! You may remember, he was an MSU commit before he opted for pro baseball (looks like that turned out OKAY)
Follow FWtCT on Twitter
Like FWtCT on Facebook
4 days! (click HERE if you want the live Junction feed to help get you through the rest of the week)