It was announced tonight via the NCAA baseball Twitter account that Starkville will host another NCAA Tournament regional.
This is the 13th NCAA regional Mississippi State has ever hosted, the others coming in 1979, 1984, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1997, 2000, 2003, and 2013. State is 6-6 in the previous 12, the wins coming in 1979, 1985, 1990, 1997, 2000, and 2013 (credits to Dave Murray on Twitter for that info).
Mississippi State is one of seven SEC schools to host a regional in 2016, which is the most in conference history. Here are the other 15 host spots:
- Baton Rouge, LA (LSU)
- Charlottesville, VA (Virginia)
- Clemson, SC (Clemson)
- College Station, TX (Texas A&M)
- Columbia, SC (South Carolina)
- Coral Gables, FL (Miami)
- Fort Worth, TX (TCU)
- Gainesville, FL (Florida)
- Lafayette, LA (UL Lafayette)
- Louisville, KY (Louisville)
- Lubbock, TX (Texas Tech)
- Nashville, TN (Vanderbilt)
- Oxford, MS (Ole Miss)
- Raleigh, NC (NC State)
- Tallahassee, FL (Florida State)
The full bracket and national seeds will be announced tomorrow. Stay tuned for more updates.