The Diamond Dawgs start up the 2012 Campaign this Friday (photo via www.sportsturf.net)
Another weekend has passed us by you guys, and another work/school week begins. This weekend saw the men's basketball team take a loss, but the women prevailed, as did the softball team. State sports will have a busy week this week, with the men going on the road to LSU and Auburn, and baseball starting up Friday with a home series against Washington State. Here are a few links from around the Bulldog nation to help get your Monday started off right.
- The Men's Golf team started the spring season off well, finishing 9th overall with 3 players individually finishing in the Top 25.
- The Lady Dawgs rallied from down 10 points late to defeat the Ole Miss Lady Rebels Sunday afternoon.
- Matthew C. Stevens caught up with Paul Maholm when Paul was in town this past weekend for the MSU baseball First Pitch Banquet
- We put together an All-Name team for basketball, which of course included Winsome Frazier.
- This Mock Draft by Rob Rang of CBSSports.com has Fletcher Cox going to the Pittsburgh Steelers at the 24 spot
- As you know the men's tennis team defeated Ole Miss in the River Hills Cup for the first time in 12 years this past Thursday. But what you may not have known was that the post-game celebration was fantastic.
- Our friends at Garnet and Black Attack, the South Carolina site, gave us a pre-season SEC baseball power ranking. State came in at #7.
And because you've been good lately (you have), here's some cool old school links provided by Google search's archive section.
- Here's a cool news clipping from when State defeated Tennessee in 1970 to win an SEC Championship
- The man who's name is on the side of the University of Texas' stadium? Well in 1954 that man, Darrell Royal, left the Edmonton Eskimos to be the head football coach at Mississippi State