I am elated to introduce a new segment on FWtCT titled “Mississippi State Mock.” Preceding MSU football games this year, I will take lighthearted jabs at State’s opponents. These articles are meant to entertain and bring some levity in a sometimes serious world we live in. Let’s not take it too serious. But if you do take offense...stop reading and do something else.
Week 1 takes the Bulldogs down south to the Superdome to take on the Ragin’ Cajuns.
- Head football coach Billy Napier forces players to donate money to athletic foundation. The man makes just under $1 million a year and he wants his unpaid student athletes to pay their way into a foundation essentially forcing membership. Sounds like they have a dictatorship down in Lafayette.
- Cayenne the mascot is the most terrifying mascot in all of college athletics.
- It’s the Sun Belt. I mean let’s be honest here. This is a preseason game for the Bulldogs. The season doesn’t really start until Week 3 against Kansas State.
- Anyone remember the 56-10 thrashing from last year? The Ragin’ Cajuns are so irrelevant that this was the best I could do in terms of highlights.
- What are they even called?
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette
These are some of your options. Can someone please get back to me on what they want to be called? I’m curious.
- Former ULL assistant coach David Saunders used fraudulent ACT scores for recruits, lied about it, and did not cooperate in their investigation. Saunders also coached at Ole Miss. I mean what do you expect? Great hire boys.
- LA-Lafayette fans are overly passionate, to a huge fault. I have received numerous hateful messages from angry Cajun fans. The vulgarity from the fan base was much more maligned than any other. I made fun of LSU, LA Tech, Alabama...etc. None treated me as poorly as the Ragin’ Cajun faithful. I hope the vermillion cladded fans in the Superdome can find some class Saturday afternoon after a beatdown.
Sorry this was a short article. Programs that are as small and irrelevant as the University of Louisiana make it hard to find relatable content to write about.