Game Day Vitals
- Who | Mississippi State Bulldogs (6-0, 3-0 SEC) vs. Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders (4-2, 2-1 Sun Belt)
- When | Saturday, October 20, 6:00p.m. (Central)
- Where | Starkville, Mississippi - Davis Wade Stadium at Scott Field
- Tube | ESPN2 - Mark Jones, pxp; Brock Huard, color; Jessica Mendoza, sidelines [Ch. 208 DirecTV, Ch. 606 AT&T Uverse]
- Tickets | MSU Ticket Office - StubHub
- Spread | MSU by 20
- Series Record | (From MTSU's game notes):
Saturday's football game between Middle Tennessee and Mississippi State will mark the fifth meeting between the two schools on the gridiron. The series, which began in 1999, is led by MSU, 4-0. The Bulldogs defeated the Raiders in Starkville, 40-7, in 1999 in what was the first ever game for MT as a FBS member. Middle Tennessee returned to Starkville in 2000 and lost in a shootout to the Bulldogs, 61-35. Both teams combined for 1,057 yards of total offense (MSU 530, MT 527) but the Blue Raiders had four turnovers. In 2008, MSU won 31-22 in Starkville and also took the 2009 game in Murfreesboro, 27-6.
- Middle Tennessee State Profile | Middle Tennessee State, Sun Belt Conference, School's Athletics Website
- Season to Date | 4-2, 2-1 Sun Belt (Season Stats)
- Last Week | Middle Tennessee 34, Florida International 30
- Who's covering Middle Tennessee State | Adam Sparks, The Tennessean
- Of Interest | Since joining the FBS ranks in 1999, the Blue Raiders have faced 13 teams ranked in the nation's Top 25. Mississippi State enters Saturday's game ranked No. 15/16 nationally. Middle Tennessee is 0-13 in those games.
Coaches & Players
- Head coach | Rick Stockstill (Florida State, '82) 7th season (39-42)
- Top assistants | OC: Buster Faulkner (Valdosta State, '05) DC: Tyrone Nix (Southern Miss, '95) and Steve Ellis (Nicholls State, '03)
- Key Offensive Players | Check back for key offensive players in MBD's Know the Foe - Part 1 tomorrow.
- Key Defensive Players | Check back for key offensive players in MBD's Know the Foe - Part 1 tomorrow.