First thing's first: EXHALES DEEPLY.
That was ugly. It was sloppy. It was well fought by Arkansas. But in the end, thanks to Will Redmond, it was a 17-10 Mississippi State win.
A few quick thoughts and I'll leave it to y'all (my phone is dying):
- Seriously, that was Dan Mullen's first 300 yard passer? Seems weird -- and for it to happen in a game like tonight? -- but apparently Dak accomplished that tonight. He was clearly hurt and made a few mistakes, but Dak also made some big throws -- notably the Fred Ross TD -- when we needed it.
- You can do what you want on our defense between the 20s, but they absolutely shut you down inside the red zone. It's absurd at this point.
- It was a quiet, weird night on offense, but credit some of that to Arkansas' offense. They kept the ball a loooooong time, keeping Dak and company off the field.
- We'll have more tomorrow, but let me end with this: a win is a win is a win. I'll take it, and fantastic effort by everyone to gut out a win when it wasn't easy.
- PS - yes Ole Miss did lose and we don't hate that, but please say a prayer tonight for Ole Miss WR Laquon Treadwell. Just an awful injury at the end of that game. We hope you get better quick big guy.