Before we get started, a quick personal note: Some of you may have noticed that I've been fairly absent at FWtCT dot com for awhile. The truth is that I've been in a quasi-retirement that quietly began in early 2015. I considered making it permanent, but, because you're all junkies in desperate need of a bit of esoteric sarcasm in your lives, I am back in time for football season. I won't be around as much as I used to be -- Justin et al will handle the heavy lifting - but I will try to post words here at least once a week that I can assure you will not be worth your time.
For today, though, I'm filling in for Prediction? Pain, who will be bringing you news, notes, thoughts, etc. a few times each week. Now, to the links:
- Hugh Kellenberger and the Clarion Ledger proposed yesterday that this year's crop of talent in the state of Mississippi is the best we've ever seen. Agree?
- Robbie and Paul at 24/7 laid out how they see the month of November going for Mississippi State. SPOILER ALERT: it's pretty good.
- Dan Wolken at USA Today says that four teams is enough for the CFB playoff. I respectfully disagree, but he makes a thorough argument. If it ever does happen, could we be looking at a shorter regular season?
- The line for the USM-MSU game was large at the beginning of game week. Anyone taking that action?
- Dak's hometown newspaper says that Mississippi State has Prescott and then a lot of question marks. Or, what everyone else has said.
- A long but good read on MSU LB and Long Beach native Richie Brown and how Katrina affected his life a decade ago.
That's it for today, folks. I know it's only Monday, so do what you have to make it to Saturday. For football's sake. Here, maybe this will help: