Airline DT O.J Smith will not sign tomorrow. He's delayed his signing for later. He's been committed to Alabama since the summer.
— Brandon Dunn (@BrandonDunnNBC6) February 4, 2014
Smith, a defensive line prospect who has been committed to Alabama since last summer, took a visit to MSU this past weekend on the final weekend for officials. There were reports by BamaOnline and others that Smith would still sign with Alabama following the visit, but now it looks as though that circumstances may have changed yet again.
While we do know that Smith won't sign tomorrow (I predicted him to Bama over MSU), we really do not know the reasoning behind the decision. Is he still deciding between the two schools? Is he considering the junior college route first before heading to a four year school to shore up his grades? These may be questions that the talented prospect is facing, but whatever is causing his decision to be delayed, it looks likely right now that neither Alabama or MSU will gain Smith's signature tomorrow.
- National Signing Day BINGO!
- 2014 Mississippi State National Signing Day Predictions
- 2014 Mississippi State National Signing Day Primer
- Clarksdale duo J.T. Gray and Elgton Jenkins commit to Mississippi State
- 4* Holmes CC CB Tee Shepard commits to Mississippi State
- Putting the Pieces Together: A Look at Mississippi State Bulldog Recruiting and the Impact of the 2014 Roster on it
- Mississippi State Bulldogs Start Hot, but Drop Hoops Contest on the Road to Vanderbilt